Saturday 23 June 2012

65

Only once do you have a 65th birthday and for me it was yesterday, so I am commandeering the Blog to say thanks to everyone who wished me well now that I am at age that allows me to claim State Retirement Benefit. Old Age Pension.

It was a great day, my wife had bought birthday cards from the UK, emails from children and and family and Skype calls home.

It didn't end there though.  Oh no, we had a great day on the bikes, and the organiser of that day Diane surprised my be presenting me with a great cake, lilac icing no less and candles that would not blow out, what more can you ask for?  Well later in the day, Champagne from the bikers, all the way from California as well!  Thanks guys.

This combination makes a birthday that I will remember as being one of the best ever.

Here is the cake and the failed blowing out of candles experience


Diane, many thanks.....Just great

We are in the area of States where the marines have a bigg base, tough guys, but not just guys, Diane was a Marine as is the other girl in the photo.

Her hubby was also a Marine.  Very good company and a great help and support on this leg of the ride.


The excitement doesn't stop with birthday cake though, no as support team we need a super market most days and yesterday it Piggly Wiggly, good supermarket, perhaps a name best described as unusual.


 They sell the usual stuff, like balloons and bleach




and Italian food s that even the Italians can't get....


As is normal in this part of North Carolina, lots of churches, and some offerings that look interesting.

Not the end of the day but mid-afternoon sees the TV news interviewing Tom.



Thanks to all the emailers, Skype IM and FB users and all else for the congrats for yesterday.  It was brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet and ride with you all. I hope the "Detour" we gave you through the Outer Banks works out as a beautiful change of plans.

    Jeff LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete